Sutter County One Stop offers services for individuals seeking employment or training. We provide services for youth, such as career exploration. Sutter One Stop has a wide array of services for employers as well as individuals, including recruiting and on-the-job training. Please refer to the list below for a complete menu of services.
Services We Offer for Individuals
- Looking for work? We can help you find a job! Sutter County One Stop has caring, motivated individuals who are here to help you find your next career. You are welcome to visit Sutter County One Stop, register, and get on the computer to search for jobs. We have job postings at our facility in addition to the newspaper and online.
- Do you need to update or create a new résumé? We offer training classes to help you create a functional and effective résumé. Our trained staff prides themselves on award-winning customer service and is here to help you.
- Not sure where to start? One of our trained professionals can sit down with you and help you choose a career path and set goals to get you on your way to your new career. We have career exploration programs on our computers which are very valuable when exploring new career fields.
- Is your employer requiring you to update your skills? We offer on-the-job training that can help you do your very best!
Services We Offer for Youth
- Career exploration. Sutter County One Stop has many tools available to help you learn about new careers and understand the education requirements for each career. We have assessment tests that can help you identify interests and abilities which we can match to potential career options. We have many services available to explore your options. Please contact us for more information.
- Job Leads. Starting out into the job market can be challenging for anyone! Let us help you get started. We have updated job leads posted weekly. You can apply for jobs online, we have tips to efficiently search for work and information about the Workforce Investment Act.
- Technique for job searching which includes appropriate interview attire, interview strategy, application and résumé preparation and more.
- Sutter County One Stop Offers paid and unpaid work experience to help you attain the real world skills which are beneficial to landing your next career.
- We offer Training and Assessment tests to help you become prepared and confident to interview and get the job.
- Follow-Up. Sutter County One Stop can help you with referrals; résumé updates and career advancement opportunities.
Services Available for Businesses
- Employment Recruiting. We can help screen candidates and provide job recruiting assistance for career vacancies.
- Sutter County One Stop can assist your business with understanding tax credit such as Work Opportunity Tax Credit. We can help you determine if your business is eligible.
- We offer testing and assessment services to help you screen applicants for positions your business is hiring for.
- Labor Market Information.
- We offer training to help you ensure your employees' skills are as current as possible.
- Layoff assistance. This service is available to any business in Sutter County that is closing. We can help educate your employees about resources available to them.
- Customized training is available to educate your employees in a specific area.
- We offer business seminars and workshops in partnership with other community organizations, such as Small Business Development Centers, Economic Development Organizations and the Chamber of Commerce.
- Sutter County One Stop features interview facilities and conference room. If your business is planning to host a job fair or other such recruitment event.